Weekend Cocktail~ Pink Grapefruit Margaritas

These margaritas will certainly liven up your weekend, both refreshing and delicious. They are super simple to make, the only catch being, you need fresh limes, it really makes a difference. Make these at your next party, they are sure to be a hit.

Pink Grapefruit Margaritas
From: Barefoot Contessa’s  How Easy Is That

• 1 cup          ruby red grapefruit juice
  • 1/2  cup    fresh squeezed lime juice (about 4 limes)
  • 1 cup         triple sec orange liqueur
  • 3 cups      ice
  • 1 cup        silver tequila
  • 1   lime cut in wedges, optional Kosher salt.

If you prefer to rim the glasses take a lime wedge and rim, then dip in salt, if you do not like a salted rim sprinkle a touch of salt in each glass, the salt really brings out the flavor.

Combine the grapefruit juice, lime juice, triple sec and ice in a blender. Pour into a large pitcher (or just keep it in the blender) and pour in the tequila, stir. (I personally just added it all to the blender- I like slushy, that is totally up to you)

Makes 4 drinks.

* Just as a note: it is important to use Ruby Red grapefruit juice, it is much sweeter than regular and it has the lovely pink color.

128 Comments (+add yours?)

1. All Better Now
    Oct 18, 2011 @ 18:46:49

Oh me…I’ll be on the floor after one………..

2. Krissa Wilde Lopez
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 13:35:01

What a beautiful drink! I don’t usually like grapefruit juice, but this sounds really good!

3. Kerry Enos
    Oct 20, 2011 @ 06:21:50

Can’t wait to try this recipe. Looks yummy.

4. Erica Julson
    Oct 21, 2011 @ 15:33:45

Oh my gosh, I have to try this. This looks like the perfect mimosa substitute!

5. Marini Sandini
    Oct 22, 2011 @ 02:14:03

Mmmm! Delicious heartburn here I come! ;D lol

6. Constance
    Oct 22, 2011 @ 04:44:02

Sounds yummy…. Can’t wait to try it this weekend!

7. Gretchen
    Nov 06, 2011 @ 19:13:02

This sounds and looks amazing! I shared it here http://afewextraminutes.blogspot.com/2011/11/drink-of-week-grapefruit-margarita.html

Thanks!

8. Kimberly Allen
    Nov 25, 2011 @ 00:54:54

looks good would love to try it

9. lonesomed
    Nov 25, 2011 @ 16:44:04

Sounds wonderful – will have to try it!

10. Candice Clark
    Nov 27, 2011 @ 20:42:18

Delicious! My daughter made them for Thanksgiving and we loved them!

11. Tina Robertson
    Dec 03, 2011 @ 18:09:36

Sounds delicious!! Will try this one soon!! Thanks

12. A'jaé
    Dec 18, 2011 @ 18:23:43

I can’t wait to try this recipe over the holidays!!! Sounds yumtastic!

13. Young Wifey
    Jan 02, 2012 @ 18:31:20

This sounds delicious and the photo is fantastic too!

14. Alester
    Jan 04, 2012 @ 17:40:13

Add another cup of fresh grapefruit juice and this is extremely refreshing! Original recipe will knock you on the floor!

15. Trackback: Welcome! | The Leicester Wedding Club
  16. brandi
    Jan 07, 2012 @ 12:35:48

Looks so nice and refreshing!

17. zoomyummy
    Jan 07, 2012 @ 14:44:10

Mmm, this looks wonderful and irresistible! Love the color!!! :)

18. Trackback: Pink Grapefruit Margaritas | Feed Me My Love!
  19. Trackback: Pink Grapefruit Margaritas | Feed Me My Love!
  20. Trackback: Uneventful Sunday Inspiration | Fashionably Living
  21. Trackback: Pink Grapefruit Margaritas « Sentiments
  22. eliza martinez
    Jan 09, 2012 @ 00:39:54

I am gonna make these …they look so good :)

23. Trackback: fruity libations « PINEGATE ROAD
  24. Trackback: Alex (feelingsaucy) | Pearltrees
  25. Trackback: recipes by ohhh_liv - Pearltrees
  26. Trackback: Drinks:) by meema - Pearltrees
  27. Trackback: january favorites — Eat, Live, Run
  28. Stewardess
    Jan 16, 2012 @ 01:15:27

What a great idea and so easy to make!!! Thank you:)

29. Trackback: Margaritaville-DM3000-Tahiti-Frozen-Concoction | The Stewardess Resource Centre
  30. Trackback: Best of Pinterest: Chocolate Dessert, Button Bracelets, Organizing and Decorating Ideas & More | In Good Cents
  31. Trackback: Drinks | Pearltrees
  32. Trackback: Pink Grapefruit Margaritas « ellingtonfamilyfavorites
  33. Gloria Pena
    Jan 24, 2012 @ 16:10:56

I will Try One Soon:)

34. Kendall
    Jan 24, 2012 @ 20:48:18

I love these!!! I add a bit of sugar just to make it a tad sweeter!!! AMAZING!!!

35. Trackback: Summer Lovin’ « geauxgirlie
  36. Monica
    Jan 27, 2012 @ 18:22:25

shared these on my blog! can’t wait to try some!! thanks for sharing! http://thecreationzstudio.blogspot.com/2012/01/friday-fave-party-ideas-and-tips-on.html

37. marlana
    Feb 05, 2012 @ 15:48:58

Looks great…can’t wait to try one.

38. Trackback: Adventures in Cocktails | The Ole! Report featuring Dalia Ceja
  39. Trackback: Valentine’s Day Ideas: A Few of My Favorite Things | Heart Love Weddings
  40. Trackback: pink your poison « treasuresifound
  41. Alice English
    Feb 11, 2012 @ 06:07:25

Sounds like a fun hot weather drink! Mmmm

42. Trackback: Food and drink | Pearltrees
  43. Tracy
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 20:18:33

Am enjoying one now…..Lovely!! Not too strong on the grapefruit flavour but gives it a nice twist on the traditional margarita. Great with a sprig of fresh mint.
    Cheers

44. Trackback: Oh, How Pinteresting! « geauxgirlie
  45. Trackback: Shake it Up for National Margarita Day! | Yummly
  46. Trackback: Time to get your margarita on! « That Pink House
  47. segan093
    Feb 22, 2012 @ 11:05:51

What a great mix for a bridal shower or Girl’s- Night -in…love the color

48. nancy pfeifer
    Feb 22, 2012 @ 16:56:50

What a fun and pretty drink!! I love it!

49. Trackback: tasty weekend « channingosity
  50. Laura @ A Healthy Jalapeño
    Feb 24, 2012 @ 17:41:08

Looks amazing! I HAVE to make this!!! New follower here!

51. Janie
    Feb 26, 2012 @ 20:50:51

Tommy Bahama Restaurant makes a ruby red grapefruit w/ vodka and muddled basil leaf. You only thought you didn’t like grapefruit until you try this amazing concoction also!

52. Pammie
    Feb 29, 2012 @ 09:43:59

Sounds real good, will be making me some!

53. Extensions-By-Erica
    Mar 01, 2012 @ 05:12:48

Amazing! This just made me anxious for summer!

54. julieadolph
    Mar 07, 2012 @ 11:34:45

Reblogged this on color me there.

55. Trackback: Food | Pearltrees
  56. Momma French
    Mar 13, 2012 @ 12:18:43

It’s delicious, but mine did not turn out very pink. I did use Ruby Red grapefruit juice.

57. Trackback: Tribute to the Margarita | Apples and Optimism
  58. Trackback: Salad Bar Dinner Party » Dooley Noted Blog
  59. Trackback: Pop of Pink | elenagrace
  60. Marlynn
    Mar 21, 2012 @ 13:33:25

I doubled the juice (I used light RR grapefruit juice), halved the alcohol, and served it on the rocks. Great!!!!

61. Trackback: Modern Parties ~ Bridal Shower Fiesta | Modern Hostess
  62. Trackback: Cocktails | Pearltrees
  63. Trackback: Pink Party | A Very Blissful Life
  64. Trackback: Ruby Red Margaritas » Have Steph, Will Travel.
  65. Susan Scopel
    Apr 12, 2012 @ 00:47:50

Yummy

66. Life's a Bowl
    Apr 12, 2012 @ 16:14:07

These look perfect for spring!

67. Brittney
    Apr 17, 2012 @ 19:04:10

I can’t drink much but this looks delish

68. Trackback: Signature Cocktail Love: Margaritas - Geomyra Lewis Weddings & Events
  69. Trackback: What to Eat on Cinco de Mayo « Eating Made Easy
  70. Trackback: Thirsty Thursday – Pink Grapefruit Margarita « angelandthings
  71. Trackback: Get Your Cinco de Mayo Drink On! « Maknwaves
  72. Trackback: 10 Ideas for a Festive Cinco de Mayo Fiesta | Tommy and Ella
  73. Trackback: Cocktail Recipes: Pink Grapefruit Margarita | Contemporary Bride
  74. Trackback: Summer Thirst Quenchers | Rent frock Repeat
  75. Trackback: Grown in Southern Ground
  76. Trackback: Thirsty Thursday « Grown in Southern Ground
  77. Trackback: LADIES’ CHOICE: Summer Cocktails « sincerely, johanna
  78. Trackback: LADY DATE: Pinterest Night!!
  79. Trackback: Things I love: Cocktail Recipes | StickyBlog
  80. Trackback: Palm Springs Weekend « favoriteblingsandthings
  81. Eunjoo
    Jun 16, 2012 @ 08:13:15

I love grapefruit. Wow .. in my mouth, it’s taste and flavor with Tequila and triple sec. I’m gonna make it. Though Tequila gave me headache, that pink is million times prettier than Victoria’s Secret’s.

82. Bev
    Jun 18, 2012 @ 13:32:25

Fabulous . . . Beware though! They sneak up on you!

83. Trackback: Weekend Cheat Day Cocktail~ Pink Grapefruit Margaritas « Reclaiming My Sexy
  84. Trackback: Grapefruit Margaritas
  85. Trackback: Being The Bachelorette
  86. Trackback: Friday’s Favorite things….. Summer! « Royal Nonsense
  87. Jody
    Jun 23, 2012 @ 19:44:25

These were Delish! Mine weren’t as pretty pink though. I wonder what juice she used.

88. Trackback: A drool worthy & delightfully pretty menu | The Daily Ramblings Blog
  89. marybethtyson
    Jul 15, 2012 @ 10:53:56

I made this drink and it’s fantastic! I also made a grapefruit mash with sugar in it to add to the individual glasses. Some people like theirs sweeter. Amazing recipe!

90. Trackback: Pink Lemonade Margarita | The EGG
  91. karensunhumbleopinion
    Aug 10, 2012 @ 21:29:36

Reblogged this on karensunhumbleopinion and commented:
    YUM!

92. Trackback: Summer Cocktails « Pearls and Lace
  93. Trackback: Wrapping Up The Summer with Agua Frescas, Margaritas & Some Coolers «
  94. Trackback: Weekly Meal Plan & My Happy Things: Sunset at La Jolla Cove | The Spicy RD
  95. Trackback: Her Shot: Pink Cocktails | Drinking in America
  96. Trackback: Howl at the Moon » Top 5 PINK Cocktails
  97. elisareddet
    Dec 20, 2012 @ 15:09:18

can i use tequila instead of triple sec? i don t have it

• theregoesthecupcake
      Jan 02, 2013 @ 15:56:58

The recipe already has tequila in it but you could omit the triple sec, you will lose some of the sweetness, so you may wan to add some other type of juice or simple syrup to counter that.

98. Teresa
    Jan 01, 2013 @ 19:08:11

Is there any way to make this without the alcohol? Anyone know what would replace it?

99. Lindsey
    Jan 20, 2013 @ 18:42:50

I know this may seem silly but when a cocktail drink calls for ice does it mean crushed or whole pieces?

• theregoesthecupcake
      Jan 30, 2013 @ 21:53:26

It can actually be either, it really depends on your tastes. Normally a drink served on ice would be whole ice. This recipes picture in the book is served over ice but I like it blended better, it all up to you.

100. Alexis Nascimento
    Feb 15, 2013 @ 15:33:12

Hi, there! I work for Camarena Tequila, and would love to use your image and a link to your recipe on our Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/tequilacamarena). Would this be OK? Thanks in advance for your consideration.

101. Trackback: It's National Margarita Day! » Baptist Wine ClubBaptist Wine Club
  102. Trackback: That’s what I like about Texas (or, any excuse for a party). | The House on Kirkwood
  103. Trackback: Cinco de Mayo Celebration | lovely notepad
  104. Trackback: About | A few of my favourite things
  105. Trackback: 10 Refreshing Summer Time Drinks | Mommy May We?
  106. Trackback: Top 10 Summer Cocktail Recipes | Top Inspired
  107. Joy Jefferies
    Jul 15, 2013 @ 18:12:38

Pretty drink tastes like a salty dog

108. Trackback: 8 Margarita Recipes to Try…Yum!
  109. Trackback: Top 10 Summer Cocktail Recipes - Top Inspired
  110. Trackback: Spring-Summer "To-Do" List | The Feisty House
  111. Trackback: Spring-Summer To-Do List | The Feisty House
  112. Trackback: New Year Festivities | Life, Obscenity & The Pursuit Of Happy Hour
  113. Trackback: Ideas: Cocktails de Verano | Mila punto com
  114. Trackback: Wedding Specialty Drinks: Pink Cocktails | My Blog
  115. Trackback: Wet Your Whistle | Summer Libations | DIY Tutorials
  116. Trackback: Top 10 Cinco de Mayo Cocktails Inspired by Mexico
  117. Trackback: 12 Margarita Recipes - JOYFUL scribblings | JOYFUL scribblings
  118. Trackback: 10 Best Alcoholic Cocktails for July 4 – GleamItUp
  119. Trackback: Time for Summer Cocktails! | the urbane life
  120. Trackback: One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor | a Little Bit of Everything
  121. Kim Landers
    Sep 27, 2014 @ 07:40:22

Very nice, I will try this….I love drink ideas…